Both Norton and Kaspersky are excellent companies offering top-notch antivirus programs. Obviously, it can be hard to decide which one is better.
Antivirus software is essential for your computer and its safety, so naturally, you want to choose wisely. That is why we created this Norton vs. Kaspersky comparison, hoping to help you make the best possible decision.
|Ease Of Use|
|Read Review||Read Review|
In our Norton vs. Kaspersky comparison, we were guided by what we think are the most important characteristics and features an antivirus program should have. Different users have different needs, of course, but there are certain essential factors that every antivirus needs to have. To find out how these two excellent antivirus products compare in these areas, read our comprehensive Norton vs. Kaspersky comparison below.
- As a top antivirus product, Norton is compatible with all of the most widely used operating systems. When it comes to computers, it can be used on both Windows and Mac. It is also compatible with Android and iOS operating systems.
- Like Norton, Kaspersky can be installed and used on Windows and Mac computers, as well as on Android smartphones and tablets. Unfortunately, and this is a big downside, it is not compatible with iOS, meaning it cannot be used on iPhone or iPad.
- Norton antivirus is compatible with all Windows versions that are still used today, from Windows XP and Vista to Windows 7, 8, and of course, the latest version, Windows 10.
- In this particular area Kaspersky does just as well as Norton – it is compatible with Windows 10, Windows 7, and 8, as well as with Windows Vista and Windows XP.
- This excellent antivirus offers a full suite of security features, from real-time protection, antivirus protection, and malware protection to anti-rootkit, email protection, USB protection, and protection against all sorts of intrusions, from adware and spyware, ransomware, spam, and phishing to Trojans and worms.
- When it comes to security features, Kaspersky has them all, just like Norton. In fact, this antivirus offers all the same features as its competitor, so it is impossible to decide which one is better in regard to security.
- On top of all the standard security features, Norton has some additional ones, although not too many. It provides parental controls, which is an excellent feature, as well as a firewall, but unfortunately, this antivirus product does not come with a password manager and there is no gamer mode available either.
- This is one area where Kaspersky does better than Norton: it has the same additional features as its competitor (firewall, parental controls) but it tops it with gamer mode and password manager.
- This antivirus program updates itself automatically, which is definitely useful, but it is also a feature that is seen in most other antivirus products. There is also manual virus scanning for those situations when you just want to double-check your data or to scan only specific areas. Antivirus programs can be demanding and have a high impact on your system, but fortunately, Norton won’t affect your device’s performance. Norton does not offer a free limited version of its antivirus product, but there is a free trial and also a neat two-month money back guarantee.
- Just like Norton, Kaspersky comes with automatic updates, manual virus scanning, and low resource use. Similarly to its competitor, this antivirus does not offer a free limited version but does provide a free trial instead. When it comes to refunding unsatisfied customers, Kaspersky, with its 30-day period, is no match for Norton’s impressive 60-day money back guarantee.