If you are looking for a good, trustworthy and reliable antivirus program that will keep your computer safe from malware and other undesired intrusions, you are probably wondering which of the top players on the AV market to go with. This is precisely why we made this comparison of Nordon vs. Eset, hoping it will help you make the right call.
|Ease Of Use|
|Read Review||Read Review|
In our Norton vs. Eset comparison, we have focused on several factors we believe are crucial when deciding which antivirus to choose. Those include platforms and devices, essential security features, additional features and other important aspects. Norton and Eset are both top AV products, but you will see that in some areas one fares better than the other, and vice versa.
- Basically whichever device you are using, whether we are talking about computers or hand-held devices, you will be able to run Norton antivirus software on it. This antivirus is supported on Windows and Mac, and you can also use it on your iOS and Android mobile devices.
- Much like Norton, Eset antivirus software is supported on Windows and Mac, as well as on Android phones and tablets, but, unfortunately, you cannot use it on your iPhone, since it is not supported on iOS. Considering the popularity of iPhone products, this is a major drawback.
- Norton can be used on all the currently used versions of the world’s most popular operating system – not only you can use it on Windows 10, 8 and 7, but it is also compatible with Vista, and even with Windows XP.
- This antivirus is compatible with the same Windows versions as Norton: from Windows XP to the latest version of this operating system – Windows 10.
- As one of the top players in the AV game, Norton has all the essential security features you could possibly need. This includes real-time protection of your computer, antivirus protection, malware protection, anti-rootkit, anti-spyware and anti-adware, as well as protection from more specific and more sophisticated intrusions such as Trojans, worms, ransomware, spam and phishing. It comes with USB and e-mail protection and has a handy safe browsing feature
- Again, Eset comes dangerously close to Norton, since it has the exact same security features as its competitor, except for one: USB protection.
- Additional features are the area where Norton falls somewhat shorter compared to Eset. It includes a firewall and parental control, but it does not come with gamer mode, which may turn off many users interested in safe gaming, and it doesn’t have a password manager, a very useful and convenient tool.
- With additional features that include both the gamer mode and the password manager, which Norton does not offer, as well as parental control and firewall protection, Eset does a bit better than Norton in this particular area.
- Norton is automatically updated, so you don’t have to worry about your databases being obsolete. It also allows you to scan for viruses manually. This antivirus company offers a free trial version of their product, which is excellent and convenient if you want to try it out first, and there is also a lengthy 60-day money back guarantee. However, they do not offer a free limited version of their antivirus software.
- Just like Norton, Eset antivirus software updates automatically. It also includes the manual virus scan option. There is a free trial and they promise a money-back guarantee too, however, it is only half as long as the one offered by Norton and it is only valid for 30 days.