You have probably already heard of both Norton and Bitdefender antivirus programs. You might have even been wondering which of these two globally used antivirus products is better and which would suit your needs the best, which is precisely why we created this Norton vs. Bitdefender comparison. It will show you in which areas each of these renowned antivirus companies does better so you can easily figure out which one is the best solution for you.
|Ease Of Use|
|Price||$34.99 $69.99||$29.99 $59.99|
|Read Review||Read Review|
In our Norton vs. Bitdefender comparison, we have taken into consideration several factors that are important for every user, whether we are talking about individual or business use. These include security features, compatibility with different operating systems and devices, additional features, and so on. These two antivirus programs are similar, but you will find that their qualities differ in certain areas.
- Unsurprisingly for such a big name in the antivirus game, Norton is supported on all major platforms and devices, so whether you intend on using it on your Windows or Mac computer or your Android or iOS mobile device, you will be good to go.
- Bitdefender falls a little short behind Norton in this area since it does not work on iOS, meaning you cannot install it on your iPhone or iPad. It does, however, work on both Windows and Mac, as well as on Android devices.
- Norton made sure that all Windows users, regardless of the version they have, are able to install and run this antivirus on their computers, making it compatible with all versions, including Windows 10, 8, and 7, as well as with older versions such as Vista and even XP.
- Unfortunately, you can only use Bitdefender on newer versions of Windows, meaning that those users whose computers still run on Windows XP and Windows Vista will not be able to install and use this particular antivirus software.
- Norton offers an impressive list of security features designed to keep your system absolutely safe from computer threats. If you opt for this product, you can count on real-time protection and complete antivirus and malware protection. There are tools that will keep you safe from worms, Trojans, adware, spyware, ransomware, spam, and phishing. There is also email and USB protection.
- This antivirus company made sure to include everything their competitors did in their antivirus product, so if you opt for this software, you will have all the same features as with Norton, from real-time protection and extensive AV/malware protection (protection against worms and Trojans, as well as ransomware, spyware, adware, phishing, etc.) to email, USB, and browser protection.
- On top of all the standard security features you might need on your computer, Norton also provides firewall and parental controls, which are useful for users with children who want to make sure they are not exposed to any unsuitable content.
- In this particular area, Bitdefender manages to surpass Norton by offering more additional features. On top of firewall and parental controls, it offers a very useful tool called password manager. It also comes with gamer mode, which is definitely great news for gamers who want to be able to enjoy gaming sessions knowing they are fully protected from online dangers.
- Norton antivirus software comes with automatic updates and manual virus scanning. The company offers a free trial of their software, but there is no free limited version of the product. Finally, there is an impressive 60-day money back guarantee period in case you are not satisfied with this AV product.
- Like Norton, Bitdefender includes automatic updates and manual virus scanning in their AV product. They offer both a free trial and a free limited version of the software and there is a 30-day money back guarantee period, which is only half as long as what is offered by Norton.