With most antivirus companies trying to one each other up in all areas, it can be tough to decide which one is better for your needs. Both Kaspersky and Panda Security are well-known, established, and respected antivirus companies that have developed some excellent products over the years. Because of this, it can be hard to choose between the two, which is precisely why we thought it would be helpful to do a detailed, well-researched Kaspersky vs. Panda comparison.
|Ease Of Use|
|Read Review||Read Review|
In our Kaspersky vs. Panda comparison, we have carefully examined both these antivirus programs trying to figure out which one is better overall. As you can see, we have taken into consideration several factors that we think are the most important in deciding which antivirus works best for you, from standard security features to some extra tools.
- Kaspersky, which has a long track record of success in the antivirus industry, can be used on Windows and Mac computers, as well as on Android devices. Unfortunately, it is not compatible with iOS, meaning iPhone and iPad users who want to protect their devices from malware should definitely consider other options.
- Unlike Kaspersky, Panda works on iOS devices as well. This is a major plus for this antivirus since iOS compatibility is not exactly the most common feature among antivirus products.
- Windows users will be happy to hear that they can use Kaspersky antivirus regardless of the version of their favorite operating system. This antivirus is compatible even with older versions, such as Vista and XP, and, naturally, it works perfectly on Windows 10, 8, and 7.
- Just like Kaspersky, Panda antivirus can be used on the latest versions of Windows (Windows 10, as well as versions 8 and 7) and on older ones, like XP and Vista.
- This antivirus company offers an impressive selection of security features and pretty much has everything you might need in terms of antivirus protection, from real-time protection, malware protection, and anti-rootkit to protection against Trojans and worms. It also helps you ward off ransomware, spyware, and adware, as well as spam and phishing. Kaspersky also provides tools for protecting your email and USB devices.
- Panda antivirus comes with the exact same security features as Kaspersky, which means they both get perfect scores in this department.
- On top of the standard security features, Kaspersky also includes firewall protection, parental controls, password manager, and gamer mode.
- Again, Panda included everything Kaspersky did in terms of additional features, from the very useful password manager and parental controls to the convenient gamer mode for safe gaming and firewall protection as an extra layer of security.
- This antivirus software comes with automatic updates, which is important because you definitely want your databases to always be up to date. There is also manual virus scanning in case you want to perform a quick scan without relying exclusively on scheduled or automatic scans. This antivirus runs seamlessly in the background as well. Kaspersky offers a free trial of their product but there is no free limited version of this software. The money back guarantee period is 30 days.
- Just like Kaspersky, Panda has automatic database updates, manual scanning, and low resource use, as well as a free trial and a 30-day money back guarantee. However, they manage to one-up the competitor by offering a free limited version of their product.