Kaspersky and Bitdefender are both premium antivirus solutions, with millions of satisfied users worldwide. Keeping in mind their reputation, it can be challenging to decide which one can better meet your specific needs.
To help you make an informed decision, our team of experts has made a detailed Kaspersky vs. Bitdefender comparison, which focuses on both the positive and the negative features of each of these products.
|Ease Of Use|
|Read Review||Read Review|
In the Kaspersky vs. Bitdefender comparison below, we provide you with an overview of the most important features of each of these top antivirus products. By comparing the highlights and shortcomings of Kaspersky and Bitdefender, you can easily determine which solution is more suitable for you.
- Kaspersky is compatible with Windows and Mac computers, as well as with Android devices, but it cannot be used on the iPhone or iPad.
- The situation with Bitdefender is the same as with Kaspersky; it is compatible with Windows, Android, and Mac, but it is not supported on iOS, which could be a serious deal breaker for many users.
- You can install Kaspersky on any computer with Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP operating system.
- If you have Windows Vista or Windows XP, then this part of the comparison will lead you to Kaspersky since Bitdefender cannot be installed on these two operating systems. However, it is compatible with Windows 10, Windows 8, and Windows 7.
- Kaspersky protects you against a plethora of different online threats, including viruses, worms, Trojans, spyware, adware, and ransomware. You will also be happy to know that all your sensitive account information, like passwords and credit card details, are protected when using Kaspersky. It also provides real-time protection, safe browsing, anti-spam, and anti-phishing protection. Email and USB protection are part of the package as well.
- Bitdefender provides all the security features you get with Kaspersky, too. Real-time protection, malware protection, anti-rootkit, and ransomware protection are also included in the package. You are safe from spyware, spam, and phishing. No hostile software will harm your computer via email or USB since Bitdefender scans and protects those as well.
- Kaspersky comes with some additional features to increase your security. It provides a firewall and password manager, as well as a gamer mode and parental controls.
- You will get all the above-mentioned additional features with Bitdefender as well. Firewall, parental controls, and password manager are included in the package. Gamers will be glad to learn that using Bitdefender will not slow down their computer’s performance.
- Kaspersky antivirus software updates itself automatically, so you can be certain that your computer is always protected against the latest online threats. On the other hand, if you ever feel the need to check everything one more time, manual virus scanning is available to you. You do not have to worry that this antivirus will slow down your computer because Kaspersky is characterized by low resource use. Kaspersky does not offer a free limited version, but it has a free trial and a 30-day money back guarantee.
- Your antivirus will update itself automatically and you can go hunting for viruses manually if you prefer it that way. Bitdefender also comes with low resource use, so it will protect your system without slowing down your device. You can also make use of the free trial or free limited version if you are interested in testing out this product prior to buying it. It is important to note that if you buy a license, but end up dissatisfied with Bitdefender, you can return it within 30 days and you will get your money back.