Both Eset and Bitdefender are among the most famous antivirus solutions in the world. Since they both provide top-notch protection against computer viruses, it can be hard to say which one is better than the other.
Our experts, however, point out, that the key is in the details. Check out this Eset vs. Bitdefender comparison to find out which of these two exceptional antivirus programs can better meet your needs.
|Ease Of Use|
|Read Review||Read Review|
Based on their vast knowledge and experience in this field, our experts have determined which features could be regarded as the most important properties of antivirus software. These include compatibility with different platforms and various versions of Windows, security features, and additional features that companies introduce in order to be one step ahead of the competition. Here is how Eset and Bitdefender compare to one another in terms of these key qualities.
- Eset is supported on Windows, Mac, and Android. Surprisingly enough, it is not supported on iOS. Since the iPhone and iPad are extremely popular devices, this is something Eset should definitely work on in the future.
- The situation in regard to platform compatibility is identical with Bitdefender. While it is designed to work on Windows, Mac, and Android, it is not supported on iOS.
- Eset is compatible with all versions of Windows currently in use, including Windows 10, 8, and 7, as well as Windows Vista and even Windows XP.
- Bitdefender is compatible with Windows 10, 8, and 7, but does not work on older versions of Windows, such as Vista and XP, which might come as a great disappointment to users who still have not upgraded to a newer version.
- Eset has nearly all security features one might expect to find in antivirus software, including real-time protection, as well as antivirus, malware, and anti-rootkit protection. It blocks all kinds of advanced threats, from Trojans and worms to spyware, adware, and ransomware. It also offers protection against spam, phishing, and various email infections and lets you browse worry-free. However, it does not offer USB protection.
- Just like Eset, Bitdefender offers complete protection against all sorts of threats but remains one step ahead by also offering protection for your USB.
- Eset antivirus software comes equipped with various additional features, including firewall protection, parental controls that keep your children away from content not suitable for their age, gamer mode, and password manager.
- Being a superb antivirus solution, Bitdefender does just as well as its competitor in this area, offering the exact same set of additional features to its users.
- Eset software updates automatically and allows you to manually scan for viruses. Moreover, it doesn’t impact your device’s performance. You get to enjoy a free trial and a 30-day money back guarantee, which both make Eset a truly risk-free option.
- Bitdefender also offers automatic updates and manual scanning, as well as a free trial and a 30-day money back guarantee. On top of that, you also get to use a free limited version of the software. It also runs seamlessly in the background without affecting your device’s performance.